Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Fulsol on Carpeting

Yesterday, I wrote a bit about using Fulsol on flooring. Today I will relate my experience on using it on wall to wall carpeting. Let me start by saying I have a major brand carpet cleaner. Also I will state up front you should test Fulsol in an inconspicuous area of your carpeting to check for color fastness.

Removing Stains: My son had spilled a can of cola on our beige carpeting. I was out of town at the time and he threw a towel over the spot and forgot about it. When I returned a couple weeks later, there was a dried cola stain on the carpet. I wet the area with water, then poured full strenth Fulsol on the center of the stain. Using a scrub brush I worked the Fulsol into the stain from the center out. I then let it sit for 10 minutes while I got out the carpet shampooer and filled it with water only (no detergent). I then worked over the area in a zig zag pattern with the carpet shampooer until the water was coming back clean (no suds). When it dried the stain had been completely removed.

General Carpet Shampooing: My carpet shampoo machine uses a detergent cup which holds 10oz of detergent. I have used a 50/50 mix of Fulsol & water instead with great results. This reduces the cost per detergent cup by 50% in my machine. The way to figure out the best mix for your machine is, unfortunately, trial & error. I started using Fulsol full strength and at a 75/25 Fulsol/water mixture and found that was too strong (the carpet needed an additional run with just water and was stiff from soap residue after drying). At 50/50 it cleans well and rinses well. I do think a 25/75 Fulsol/Water mix will do just as well and will be trying that next time.

Using Fulsol on your floors and carpets will also leave your room with a fresh lemon scent. :-)

To read more baout Fulsol, click here.

To see all of Fuller Brush's fine products, click here.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]